To make this delicious spread, start with pumpkin seed butter from your favorite grocer. There are many commercially available high-quality varieties; just be sure to double-check the ingredients list for any Avoids. If you’d rather make your own butter, simply ground up two cups of pumpkin seeds, and add linseed or olive oil as needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
Makes 3 servings
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin seed butter
- 1½ tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- ½ vanilla pod, seeded
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup + 1 tablespoon to drizzle
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Smear the pumpkin pie spread on a rice cake or bread compliant for your type.
- Drizzle some extra maple syrup on top.