Turkey is a meat that is lean, right for all types and a great source of protein. These crispy turkey tenders are innovative and will give you that satisfying crunch of fried chicken without the guilt that normally comes with it.
- 2 rice cakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons milk*
- 4 turkey tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added apricot spread
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
*Types B & AB use 2% cow milk, Type O & A use almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Grind rice cakes in a food processor or mini chopper until small crumbs form. Pour in a shallow bowl, add paprika and salt, then toss to combine.
- Whisk egg and milk in a separate bowl. Dip tenderloins first into egg mixture and then into rice cake mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, oven safe skillet over medium-low heat, and brown tenderloins, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While the turkey cooks, whisk together mustard, apricot spread, and lemon juice to create the dipping sauce.
- Serve tenderloins warm, with dipping sauce on side.