Summer months are always a great time to grill! Switch things up with lamb steaks, served with a BBQ sauce right for all types. Want an amazing side dish? Check out our Broccoli & Apple Slaw recipe! If you are Type A we have a BBQ Chicken Thighs recipe, which is also right for Type O. Find more nourishing recipes like this in Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbooks.
Ingredients for the lamb steaks:
- 2 7-8oz lamb leg steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
Ingredients for the BBQ sauce:
Yields about 1-1½ cup of sauce, use as much as needed and keep refrigerated up to a week.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 10oz boiled beetroot
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup, to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp blackstrap molasses
Instructions for the BBQ sauce:
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the thyme, salt, paprika and beetroot. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are completely soft.
- Add the agave and stir. Add the molasses and mix well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until very smooth.
- Return the BBQ sauce to the pan and reduce down over medium-low heat for at least 15 minutes until enough moisture evaporates and the sauce starts to thicken, concentrating the flavors.
- Use thick, or loosen by adding water if needed.
- Reserve in a container, and refrigerate if needed for up to a week.
Instructions for the lamb:
- Preheat the barbecue until it gets very hot.
- Lightly oil the grill. Place the lamb steaks and cook about 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness, or internal temperature reaches 145-150ºF.
- When the steaks are almost done, brush the BBQ sauce over the steaks, and let cook for two more minutes. Or if preferred, sauce can be used for dipping.
- Rest the steaks for 5 minutes on a chopping board. Slice and enjoy hot!