Share this page
Are you taking supplements made for someone else?
Personalize yours today!
Recent Blog Posts
An Energy Tune-Up for the New Year
Posted on: December 31, 2018
Automobiles burn gasoline for energy. Humans burn sugars. And if you’ve ever driven a car, you know safe driving requires checking a few key instruments, main among them, your fuel gauge and speedometer.
Ignoring information from either display can be dangerous. And the feedback provided will improve your driving. If your fuel gauge is at “empty,” you look for a gas station. If your speedometer shows you are above or below the speed limit, you adjust your pace accordingly.
Similar to your car, your body also has a fuel gauge
This “fuel gauge” is the gene AMPK (AMP-activated protein kinase). Not only does AMPK monitor how much energy is available to drive your metabolism, it also controls other cell functions. These include metabolizing fat cells and fatty acids in the liver, generating ketones (another form of energy for your cells), blocking the production of cholesterol, increasing glucose uptake by the muscles and modulating insulin secretion by the pancreas.
Essentially, AMPK is the master regulator of metabolism.
AMPK influences metabolism by controlling another gene called mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin). When mTOR is activated, cells tend to accumulate leftover proteins and store energy. AMPK reduces the activity of mTOR, which allows cells to become more metabolically active. It essentially shifts the body from a “fuel-conserving” mindset to a “burning energy” mindset.
If you’re looking for steps to boost metabolism beyond The Blood Type Diet, try El Dorado. This powerful supplement combines seven synergistic botanicals and nutrients for maximum AMPK activation. You could say it is true gold for burning energy.
- Guarana Seed (from Paullina cupana) is native to the Amazon. Used by the people of Brazil and Colombia for centuries, this plant can reduce fatigue, stress, anxiety and depression. Guarana seed’s health-giving properties stem from its high methylxanthine content, which helps accelerate the metabolism.
- Berberine HCl (from Berberis aristate) directly activates AMPK. This extract also increases insulin resistance to lower users’ risk of diabetes. Studies have found berberine also improves metabolic rate, increases glucose uptake by muscles and reduces fat accumulation
- Coptis chinensis rhizome (root) regulates glucose and lipid metabolism by improving AMPK signalling. C. chinensis can also decrease fasting glucose levels and reduce production of glucose by the liver.
- White Willow Bark (Salix alba) facilitates the activation of AMPK. In combination with Guarana seed, it also supports berberine’s metabolism-boosting powers.
- Coleus forskohlii root helps users maintain current weight and mediate weight gain.
- Gymnostemma pentaphyllum activates AMPK, increases the oxidation of fats for energy and increases glucose uptake to the muscles.
- Coenzyme Q10 possesses antioxidant properties and helps generate ATP, which is the energy currency of our body. CoQ10 also reduces oxidized LDL accumulation in the lining of arteries.
Individuals with a particularly stubborn metabolism may benefit from taking Glycosia and Deflect, in addition to El Dorado and Histona. That’s why I created this protocol, with all four synergistic products in one convenient Weight Loss Enhancement Pack, which is a brand new offering for 2019. Glycoscia reduces the absorption of sugar in the gut, further controlling blood glucose levels. Deflect helps to further optimize The Blood Type Diet by blocking unwanted dietary lectins. Histona supports weight loss and regulates metabolism.
Your body needs time to reset. And combining El Dorado with The BTD is a great way to tune up your metabolic dashboard. I’ve seen the beneficial effects firsthand in my patients. Once the cellular fuel gauge is working properly, faster metabolism, better weight regulation and higher energy are sure to follow.