Here is a wonderful, easy-to-make stuffing that can be effortlessly adapted to each blood type using the bread and stock of your choice. You can also experiment with substituting dried cherries, which give an equally festive and tasty result.
- 8 slices whole grain or wheat spelt bread*
- 2 cups stock**
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses or maple syrup***
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Ghee or olive oil for coating
*Spelt is an Avoid for Type O non-secretors. Substitute with a bread that's right 4 your type.
**Turkey stock is right for all types. Chicken stock is an Avoid for Type Bs and ABs, both secretor and non-secretor. Vegetarian stock is another option.
***Maple syrup is an Avoid for Type O non-secretors and Type AB non-secretors.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Toast the bread slices until lightly browned. Allow the bread to cool, then cut into 1-inch squares.
- Place bread pieces in a 2-quart heatproof bowl.
- Add stock to a 2-quart saucepan. Add the thyme, molasses (or maple syrup) and the cranberries/dried fruits of your choice. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the stock mixture over the bread pieces. Add egg to the mixture along with the salt. Mix well.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with ghee or olive oil. Spoon the stuffing into the dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Lightly brown the stuffing under the broiler, and remove from oven.
- Serve with turkey and all the trimmings, and enjoy this delicious and healthy stuffing.