Share this page
Are you taking supplements made for someone else?
Personalize yours today!
Recent Blog Posts
White Bean and Wilted Greens Soup
Posted on: October 15, 2018
Fall is in full swing, and the cold weather is already creeping into our lives. Homemade soups that embrace the produce of the season are some of the most heartwarming meals you can make.
This recipe features two delicious and vitamin-packed ingredients that are both right for all types. The first is cannellini bean, a legume that is filled with fiber as well as B vitamins. The soup also uses Swiss chard, a vegetable rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as minerals such as magnesium, potassium, iron and fiber. This powerhouse pairing of healthy foods will produce a smooth, rich soup that rivals the richness of a cream-based soup all while being healthy and appropriate regardless of blood type.
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and ends trimmed
- 2 cups of stock*
- 1 cup of Swiss chard, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of salt
*Vegetable, beef and chicken stock are all good options for this recipe, just pick the right one for your blood type.
Water can be used in lieu of stock, though the soup won't have the same depth of flavor.
- In a two-quart saucepan, bring the beans, garlic and stock to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, carefully scoop out half of the beans and ½ a cup of liquid into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, stirring into the remaining stock. Add the greens, season with salt and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serving Tips: This soup pairs beautifully with a topping of fresh cilantro for a vibrant punch of flavor or toasted almonds for a delightful crunch.