A great recipe for all types that you can enjoy year round, and especially during barbecue season. The turkey burgers are packed with Mediterranean flavors, just add sun! Pair with our delicious onion slaw.
The Blood Type Diet made easy
Find more nourishing recipes like this in Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbooks. Each book features chef-formulated recipes designed specifically for your blood type. Each recipe is easy to follow and delicious, making meal planning stress free.
Check food values, see in-depth food analyses and access even more recipes for each blood type and secretor status with TypeBase V. Programmed by Dr. D’Adamo himself, our food values lookup tool is a simple to use resource that makes following the Blood Type Diet easy.
Our Official Blood Type Diet App keeps all the information you need at your fingertips. Check food values for you or common foods for the whole family, create a shopping list you can email to yourself, get supplement recommendations and access categorized recipes.
Ingredients for burgers:
- 20 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, ground
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil for grilling
- 2 tsp garlic spread (see recipe below). You may want extra spread for serving.
- Optional: Hamburger buns made from right-for-your-type flour, or use large lettuce leaves to wrap your burger.
Instructions for burgers:
- Preheat your grill to 400°F.
- In a bowl, knead the ground turkey, cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic and sea salt until fully combined.
- Shape 4 burger patties, about 5 oz. each.
- With a spoon or a brush, slather about ½ tsp of the garlic spread (recipe below) evenly across each burger.
- Lightly brush the surface of the grill with olive oil. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes on each side. Check the internal temperature of the burgers with a meat thermometer. When it reaches 165°F, they are ready to eat.
- Serve with right-for-your-type bread buns or lettuce wraps. Top with extra garlic spread. Enjoy with onion slaw and other sides of your choice.
Ingredients for garlic spread:
- The cloves of a whole garlic bulb
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice and zest (approximately 4 lemons)
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
Instructions for garlic spread:
- Peel the garlic cloves and place on a cutting/chopping board. Sprinkle with salt. Use the flat blade of a knife to crush the cloves. Then press them against the board in a circular motion to puree.
- When completely mashed, scrape the garlic into a bowl and slowly mix in the lemon juice, zest and olive oil until combined.
- Add the paprika and oregano and mix well.
- To neutralize bacteria, it is very important to cook turkey burgers to 165°F. And be sure to use a clean platter when you take them off the grill. Do not re-use the plate that held raw meat.
- Freezing tips: Place patties on a tray lined with wax paper and wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 4-5 hours. Once completely frozen, the patties can be stored in a freezer bag for up to two months. Before cooking, thaw overnight in the fridge until completely defrosted.
- Although radishes go nicely with this meal (as seen in the photo), they are an Avoid for Types B and AB.
- The garlic spread also works well as a dip, and keeps up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You may want to make two batches!