Soup can be a soothing meal that warms your entire body. Instead of eating a heavy, cream-based soup that packs on the calories, why not have one that makes you healthier? Our featured recipe this month is just that, a soup that includes a trio of powerful superfoods: broccoli, kale and spinach, which makes for a delicious and healthy combination. With these healthy ingredients for all blood types, you’ll be on your way to a fresh, tasty soup the likes of which you could never find in a can!
Souper Food Soup
( Serves 2)
- 1 cup of fresh kale, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove smashed and kept whole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- Sea salt
- Wash the vegetables in clear water, dry and chop them roughly.
- In a deep pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil with the garlic clove whole on a very low fire.
- When the oil is hot and infused with the garlic, discard the clove. Add the vegetables, a generous pinch of salt and stir well to coat them in the oil.
- Allow the vegetables to cook down and release their moisture, stirring occasionally. Add 2 cups of water or vegetable stock, when half has been absorbed add the remaining 2 cups. Close the pot and simmer until all vegetables are tender. When cooked thoroughly, make sure there is enough cooking liquid to form a “soup” otherwise add a little more water. Transfer the soup to a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Serve the soup with a drizzle of olive oil and some paprika to taste.
- Optionally, customize with toppings right for your type like sour cream, kale chips, seeds or homemade croutons.