Packed with fiber and protein - enjoy a downright delicious and filling rice bowl recipe that works for all blood types! Customize further with additional proteins or vegetables suited for your blood type. Find more nourish recipes like this in Dr. Peter D’Ddamo’s Eat Right 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbooks.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup Basmati or round rice (short-grained), rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 portobello mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tamari (Type O non-secretor omit)
- 6-8 broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Carrots, thinly sliced or cut in ribbons with a peeler
- Zucchini, sliced or cut in batons
- Onions, thinly sliced
- Spring onions for all blood types
- Sesame seeds for blood types O & A
- Chili flakes for blood types O, A non-secretor, B & AB
- Pickled ginger for blood type B
- Alfalfa sprouts for blood types A, B & AB
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and stir to coat in the oil. Add the water with the salt and mix well. When the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. When the rice is cooked, reserve.
- In a non-stick dry pan over medium heat, cook the mushrooms until they lose some of their moisture (about 5 minutes), then add the remaining oil with the crushed garlic and cook for another 10 minutes until the mushrooms are crispy around the edges. Add the tamari and mix well. Add steamed broccoli florets. You can mix to coat with the tamari dressing or leave plain according to your preference.
- To prepare the soft-boiled eggs, bring a saucepan filled with water to a boil. When the water reaches a rolling boil, carefully drop the eggs and cook them for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off, drain the eggs and peel them under cool running water in your sink or in a bowl filled with fresh water. Reserve the eggs on a plate or chopping board.
- To plate, divide the rice in two shallow bowls. Top with broccoli and mushrooms. Slice the soft egg carefully lengthwise, and place in the center of the bowl. Sprinkle the cilantro and toppings of your choice.