Share this page
Are you taking supplements made for someone else?
Personalize yours today!
Recent Blog Posts
Golden Milk Latte - Right 4 All Blood Types
Posted on: October 31, 2018
India is the home of turmeric, and the culture has long embraced both the flavor of the spice and its well-regarded medicinal properties. Today, turmeric is grown in subtropical regions across the world and is commonly used as a supplement due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities. Curcumin, as the active ingredient in the turmeric root, provides these positive properties.
As we roll into fall, it's the perfect time to make a warming latte that uses this incredibly beneficial ingredient. Often nicknamed “Golden Milk” for its beautiful sunny tone, this turmeric latte is simple to make and packed with health benefits. For best results, use an electric frother to create the stiff peaks of foam that define a perfect latte.
Turmeric “Golden Milk” Latte
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ghee
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean/extract* (optional)
- Contents of 1 Scienca capsule
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon** (optional)
- 1.5 cups compliant milk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp agave syrup
*Vanilla is an avoid for Type O non-secretors
**Cinnamon is an avoid for Type O non-secretors & Type Bs
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the ghee with the turmeric.
- Open the Scienca tablet and add its contents along with ground ginger, vanilla, cloves and cinnamon (optional). Mix well until combined.
- Pour in the milk and the agave syrup, mixing well until warmed. Turn the heat off at this point in the recipe.
- Using an electric frother, whisk the latte mixture until a rich foamy crown forms. Transfer to a mug or glass, and enjoy warm!
Tip: If you prefer an iced latte, follow the previous 4 steps, and then pour the drink into a cup and stir with ice.