Wholesome, family style feasts are what summers are all about. Boost your barbeque season with our delicious and healthy charred cod, served with millet, roasted carrots and salsa verde. Cod is our fish of choice as it is beneficial for all types and is effortless to cook, thanks to its firm and succulent flesh.
Makes 2 servings
Ingredients for the cod:
- 2 cod fillets, 4 oz with skin
- 8 baby carrots, with tops on if possible
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 scallions, whole
- 2 cups millet, simply cooked
- 4 tbsp olive oil and a drizzle for the millet
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for the salsa verde:
- 4 oz fresh parsley
- 4 oz fresh coriander
- 4 oz fresh mint
- The zest of a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Instructions for the cod:
- Get an outdoor barbecue or grill hot (medium heat).
- Rinse, then loosely oil the carrots and the scallions, and season them with some salt, coriander and cumin seeds. Place on the grill and cook for a couple of minutes, turning until charred nicely.
- Pat the cod dry with a kitchen towel and place on the grill skin side down. Cook until the skin crisps up and the fish cooks thoroughly (at least 4-5 minutes).
- In a bowl, mix the cooked millet with salt and a drizzle of olive oil, until combined.
- To plate, simply spoon the millet onto the serving plate. Add the fish on top skin side up, and side with the carrots and scallions. Drizzle some salsa verde over the fish and vegetables.
Instructions for the salsa verde:
- In a food processor, pulse the herbs, garlic, lemon zest and salt together, drizzling the olive oil in slowly until you’ve reached your desired consistency. For a loose salsa, pulse less, and add more oil. For a pesto type salsa, pulse more, and add less oil.