my-cart-icon svg-arrow-next svg-arrow-prev

The Blood Type Diet: Getting Back on Track

Jan 9th, 2023 by The Blood Type Diet

Get back on track with The Blood Type Diet

The Blood Type Diet: Getting Back on Track

Reconnecting with The Blood Type Diet

We’ve all been there. Maybe it was a vacation, a new job, a big move… or maybe you just got a little lost or unmotivated! Whatever it was, now is the perfect time to get back on track with The Blood Type Diet. Unlike other trendy diets or crash-course weight loss programs, the beauty of The Blood Type Diet is your blood type is still the same – and so are the tenets of how to eat + exercise to best support it.

We’re Still Your Type

Your taste buds might have changed, your hormones may have shifted, and the number on the scale might have moved – but your blood type is still the same. The beauty of this lifestyle is it’s tailored to your innate baseline physiology and not all the other dynamic variables in life.

Easy as 1, 2, 3

Tee yourself up for successful reentry to the program with a 3-day Lectin Detox. We’ve outlined an easy-to-follow 3-day plan to get you going here. As a refresher, lectins are proteins found in food. Avoiding adverse lectins for your blood type is the cornerstone to The Blood Type Diet. Check out the D'Adamo Supplement Advisor tool to determine the recommended supplements that will best support you along the way.

Immune System Support

Heading into the winter months is a great time to make lifestyle adjustments to support the immune system, and eating in alignment for your blood type does just that. Our immune system’s job is to identify foreign threats and attack them – one of the ways that it does this is through chemical markers called antigens. Guess what determines your blood type? Yep, antigens. When you’re eating to support your blood type, those antigens can be a powerful part of your immune system’s function.

Sweat Smarter

As you reacclimate to The Blood Type Diet, it’s also important to recommit to your exercise routine. A commitment to the right type of exercise for your blood type will help reduce stress, cortisol and inflammation in the body. Each blood type is prone to a specific style of stress response, so each blood type also has a preferred exercise style. Just like with the diet, The Blood Type Diet’s exercise guidelines provide the recommended framework for how you exercise, but it’s up to you to make it your own and find what brings you the most joy.

Extra Tools for Your Journey

While you were away, we’ve been busy adding tools, resources and content to support you. Be sure to take a look at our Blood Type Diet App, latest recipes and home test kits. If you’re on Facebook, join our online community where you can see our latest updates, ask questions and join in on the conversation.

Getting Back on Track with The Blood Type Diet

Whether you fully fell off track or inverted the 80/20 guideline (for healthy individuals following The Blood Type Diet, eat healthy 80% of the time and enjoy flexibility the other 20%), there’s no shame! No matter what’s changed in your life since you were last on board, the tenets of The Blood Type Diet have remained the same – and so have the benefits.