A superfood salad doesn’t get better than this kale & quinoa tabbouleh. Simple to make, it's a fresh and summery dish. We suggest enjoying it on its own as part of a tapas-type dinner, or as a side to roast chicken, grilled fish or roasted veggies.
Makes 2 servings
- 4 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- The juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 small white onion, finely minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp paprika, optional
- Put the onion, a pinch of salt and lemon juice in a bowl, and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, dry toast the quinoa over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, and allow to cool.
- Mix the kale, parsley, mint and quinoa with the lemon zest, onion and lemon juice (and paprika if using) in a large bowl until well combined.
- Mix in the olive oil right before serving.
TIP: Add chia seeds for additional crunch and texture!