Biscotti are such a delicious baked snack, but store-bought ones are often littered with avoids! These holiday-themed biscotti are Right 4 All Types and will be the perfect companion to your favorite Blood Type Diet compliant drinks, such as a soothing tea or coffee. Warm up and settle in with these sweet treats.
[ Makes 16-18 ]
- 1 cup rice flour (brown or white)
- ½ cup honey*
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract**
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- Add 1 tablespoon of Protein Blend Right 4 Your Type (O, A, B/AB) for a fueled up biscotti!
*Blood types AB & O non-secretors swap honey with agave syrup.
**Vanilla is an avoid for Type O non-secretors.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350º F.
- Whisk together the egg with the vanilla and honey until well combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fit with a paddle attachment, mix the egg mixture with the flour, ghee and cranberries. Add the baking soda at the end. The dough should be thick and bread-like. If it is too loose, add a little bit of flour, a tablespoon at a time.
- On a floured surface, shape the dough into a little log about 7 x 3 in. and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Get the biscotti log out, allow to cool for a few minutes and reduce the heat of the oven to 300ºF.
- With a serrated knife, cut it into slices .5-.7in thick.
- Lay the slices in the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the biscotti to cool completely before packing and eating!