Cod is an across the board beneficial, even for every secretor type! Why not take advantage of the health benefits? This traditional French preparation “en papillote” or “in parchment” is a great way to capture all the flavors of the fish and infuse it with herbaceous vibrance from ginger and garlic.
[ Serves 2 ]
- 2 cod fillets (about 8 oz)
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 oz fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- The zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger and lemon zest with a pinch of salt and allow it to rest for a couple of minutes. Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Place the cod fillet skin side down (if it has skin) on a large sheet of parchment paper. Spoon the ginger and garlic mixture over the fish.
- Fold the paper in half over the fish so edges meet. Create a seam by folding the edge onto itself a few times. Fold the edges on each side of the fish at an angle to block any liquid from leaking through. Place the parchment paper in a layer of aluminum foil and seal.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve!
Serving suggestions: This cod pairs perfectly with white or brown rice and steamed vegetables. Pick the ones best for your blood type and enjoy!