This pancake recipe is simple to assemble and right for all types. A nice breakfast, brunch or afternoon treat that gathers everyone in the kitchen during this time indoors. Find more nourishing recipes like this in Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbooks. Our Proberry 3 Liquid is an immune-boosting berry syrup rich in antioxidants and is a delicious addition to any recipe.
Makes 10 small pancakes
- 1 egg (chicken)
- 1 cup flour (see below for options)
- ¾ cup almond milk*
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice (see below for options)
- 1 tsp baking soda/powder
- Olive oil, for greasing the pan
- 2 cups frozen berries (see below for options)
- Proberry 3 Liquid
- Walnuts, pecan nuts, or nuts of your choice to garnish (see below for options)
*Almond milk is an Avoid for Type O non-secretor. Use rice milk instead.
- In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients - using only 1 tbsp of agave syrup/sweetener. Mix well until combined.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan over medium heat, and spoon about 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake. When they bubble at the top, flip them to color on both sides evenly and repeat with remaining batter.
- In a separate pan over medium heat, cook down the frozen berries with a splash of water and the remaining agave syrup/sweetener, until stewed and thick in consistency.
- Stack the pancakes, top with stewed berries, sprinkle nuts of your choice and drizzle some Proberry 3 Liquid.
Convenient Swaps | Right 4 All Types:
- Brown rice
- White rice
- Spelt (Avoid for Type O non-secretors)
Nuts & Toppings:
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seeds
Sweetener and Syrups:
- Blackstrap molasses