Gather everyone in the kitchen for this nice breakfast, brunch or afternoon treat. These pancakes are simple to assemble and easily adapted for all types. Our Proberry 3 Liquid is an immune-boosting berry syrup rich in antioxidants and a delicious addition to any recipe. You won’t even need maple syrup (an avoid for some non-secretors).
Find more nourishing recipes like this in Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbooks.
Makes 10 small pancakes
- 1 egg (chicken)
- 1 cup flour (wheat flour is an avoid for most. see below for options)
- ¾ cup almond milk*
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or sweetener of your choice (see below for options)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Olive oil, for greasing the pan
- 2 cups frozen berries (be sure to choose ones that are right for your type. see below for options)
- Walnuts, pecans or nuts of your choice to garnish (see below for options)
- Proberry 3 Liquid
*Almond milk is an Avoid for Type O non-secretors. Substitute rice milk.
- In a bowl, whisk egg, flour, almond milk (or rice milk), melted ghee, baking soda/powder and 1 tbsp of sweetener until well combined.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan and place over medium heat. Spoon about 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake. When they bubble at the top, flip them to color evenly on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a separate pan, cook the frozen berries with a splash of water and the remaining agave syrup/sweetener over medium heat until stewed down to a thick consistency.
- Stack the pancakes, top with stewed berries, sprinkle nuts of your choice and drizzle with Proberry 3 Liquid.
Convenient Swaps | Right 4 All Types:
- Brown rice
- White rice
- Spelt (Avoid for Type O non-secretors)
Nuts & Toppings:
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seeds
Sweetener and Syrups:
- Blackstrap molasses