This hearty omelet is packed with protein and sure to satisfy. Eggs are right for all types and you can customize extra proteins, cheese and herbs to your personal taste and requirements. Find more recipes like this one in Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right for 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbooks.
- 4 chicken eggs (see tips)
- ½ cup chopped parsley (see tips)
- 2 tsp ghee
- 7 oz cured salmon (Type O only) or turkey sausage (A, B, AB)4 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese*
- 2 tsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp ground flax seeds
*Type O non-secretor omit mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the eggs until frothy and add chopped parsley.
- In a non-stick pan, melt the ghee over medium heat and then pour in the egg mixture.
- Add turkey sausage (if using) and sauté until cooked; Type Os skip this step.
- When the omelet is cooked through, flip it to lightly brown the other side (about one minute).
- Plate the omelet and top with salmon (if using) and mozzarella. Sprinkle on the walnuts and ground flax. Enjoy warm!
- Eggs: blood types A and O can use duck eggs instead.
- Herbs: Chives and/or cilantro work well too. Add the (compliant) herbs of your choice.
- Cheese: blood type AB and B secretors can use cheddar cheese instead.
- Flax seeds are best absorbed ground, but have a short shelf life. It is best to store flax seeds whole, using a spice mill (if you have one) to grind for each recipe.