Heartburn and other assorted 'bellyaches' are some of the most common consequences of modern living. Stress, poor diet, and eating 'on the run' are the most common culprits. More than 60 million Americans have heartburn at least once a month, and about 15 million have more frequently. Flatulence (bloating) is another sign that it's probably time to slow down and take the time to chew our food more thoroughly. People try an astonishing variety of pills, potions and powders in an attempt to counteract this discomfort. Sometimes the solutions are quite simple: Increase your exercise and drop some weight. Watch your diet. Take time to relax. Make mealtime a sanctuary.
However, when you need a bit of help for those occasional episodes, Dr. Peter D'Adamo has designed Gastro-D Complex, a unique combination of herbs and minerals designed to sooth and calm that upset stomach.
Gastro-D Complex contains five well-researched ingredients that help support stomach health:
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL): Licorice has been used since ancient times as a 'demulcent,' providing a soothing, protective effect on the stomach. Dr. D'Adamo uses the 'deglycyrrhizinated' form of licorice to insure the best results
- Mastic Gum: Mastic has been used as a medicine since antiquity and is still used in traditional folk medicine of the Middle East. Hippocrates wrote that the mastic is good for prevention of digestive problems, and it was often chewed as a sort of 'ancient chewing gum.' The rarity of mastic and the difficulty of its production make it and expensive ingredient.
- Safflower Tops: These flowers provide additional soothing support against occasional heartburn, especially for blood type O non-secretors
- Slippery Elm: The inner bark rind of Slippery Elm has a long traditional herbal use for the occasional upset stomach
- Bismuth: This mineral has a long medical history of being used to treat temporary discomforts of the stomach and gastrointestinal tract
Occasional heartburn or bloating seems to come with modern living. However, these symptoms can also be a sign of other problems. If they persist, or worsen, it would be prudent to seek medical advice. For those simple problems that result from over-indulgence or stressful eating, Gastro-D Complex can be a very useful addition to your supplement protocol.