Ocubright is a stellar botanical-vitamin formula designed to promote healthy visual function. It was reformulated by Dr. Peter D'Adamo to support eye health, and it is a blend of six ingredients that have been well-researched for their role in supporting visual health and vitality.
Highlights of the Ocubright formulation include:
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Lutein is a carotenoid typically found in conjunction with zeaxanthin which helps protect the eyes from occasional oxidative stress. Foods containing high concentrations of luteins, such as broccoli, spinach and kale are associated with the greatest eye nutritional support.
- Bilberry: The bilberry leaf and fruit contain powerful anti-oxidants known as anthocynanadins, which support eye health.
Taurine: Found in high concentrations in the eye, Taurine is the most plentiful amino acid in the retina of all animal species.
- Zinc: Zinc is an essential trace element. One of the most important roles it plays is in the maintenance of vision.
- Copper: An essential trace mineral, copper is widely distributed in foods, particularly seafood, nuts, seeds, wheat bran cereals, and grain products. As zinc can inhibit copper absorption in the body, a small amount of copper has been added to the formulation to maintain healthy copper levels.
- Eyebright (Euphrasia): Supports healthy vision.
The synergistic actions of the six ingredients in Ocubright provide general eye health and healthy visual function.